Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Shell

“Omg, you are going back again ?”

“Nie mesti ada jantan lain dekat kampung”

Yeah, roughly that’s the poke I’ll get whenever I told me mates that I’m heading home.

Home here, is well about 1 and half hours drive from dusty ol’ Kl. Which honestly, ain’t that far. Heck, at times, that’s just about the bloody amount of time I spent getting my fat arse back to ghetto KL from the workplace.

Federal Highway, anyone?

Anyway, jantan aside ( yes, there is indeed another man back home eagerly waiting to lick, greet and jump all over me the minute I'm back but that's another story for another day), I just look forward to head home every single time.

I just do.

For the lack of some fanciful words, home is well, home. It is where the village clam in me comes alive. The Ah Lian comes shinning thru.

Home is where I’m truly most relaxed. Like big time.

Weekends were spent literally doing nothing but just pigging out at the living room, watching another re-run of E ! Daily Ten, with two personal butlers at my beck and call. Yes, I’m an ingrate son, but sue me !

No draggin my arse to gym for the weekend cardio or think of what to eat for dinner. Everything is just so organic and lazy and need no planning. Well, almost no planning except my obligatory facial session with Ah Mian and massage session with Kak Ena whenever I’m back. Hell, even all that jazz are pre-arranged by me very efficient and loving mum.

Oh, such village life ! Me hometown ! Me love you long time !

As they say, one can pluck the clam out of her village, but one can never pluck the village out of her !

Peace out, kampung baru cheena style !

4 Comments:

Blogger thompsonboy said...

Ya allah, when I can go for a visit and tour tour?

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ry said...

ya tuhan,

kampung boy strikes again?!

selamat berpuasa,

9:43 AM  
Blogger savante said...

Ah the kampung clam returns to the roots. Do you burst out in song as you climb up the hill towards home?

Mana kampung baru ni?

7:26 PM  
Blogger darn ed said...

niel : alar..it's just 1.5 hours drive. bila-bila jer !

joery : yes, and damn proud to be one ! :P

paul : omg, this aint austria okay. i'll prolly be whacked by the orang asli the minute i start warbling. kampung dekat epo btw.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home