Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hurdle Comes, Hurdle Goes

A life with no worries and stumbling blocks. A life so smooth, that it glides on auto-mode. Not unlike golden daffodils fluttering away on one glory never-ending night.

Sigh. How I wish that it's even remotely possible.

I sorta knew about it a week ago. I called. We chatted. I uttered some lame old "be-strong-I'm-sure-the-everything-is-fine" encouragement. And that is it. The fact is, I play-ed down the whole situation. Fuck me, I even toyed with the idea that perhaps, just perhaps, that this is one of his sick jokes, if not the worst and that I'm so ready to flip when he finally dirts out his nasty scheme. That I'm ready to not talk to him for a week. If not more.

I guess that's my shitty way of dealing with shitty situation.

It can't be true. It's not true. It's just a farce. It MUST be a farce !

Exploding my peanut-sized brain with such idea so that I don't have to deal with it. But realisation is to be realised in the end. For tonight, it finally dawned on me. Upon readin this.That he is indeed not doing well.

Treatable or not. Preliminary or not. He is unwell. And that's that. And there's no excuse for me to run away from it anymore.

Life without hurdles. How lovely a notion. For reality is crude. With it's fair share of potholes and whatnots.

But I shall keep on hoping for now. Hoping that his is just a small pit. That for sure he will be okay and make it through, unscathed. That we will be merry again soon.

And that the daffodils will start dancing again come next day.


3 Comments:

Blogger thompsonboy said...

cancer...I so need to quit..like right now!

10:47 AM  
Blogger cookieboy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Dildos said...

we can only hope.

oh well, life is strange..... sigh.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home