Thursday, June 14, 2007

Annual What ?

Okay, I admit it. I’m super bitch when it comes to ‘little’ things. Things like :

Narcissistic retards that fucken gloat about themselves 24-7. Super sweet teh ais when I ordered it kurang manis. Spams. Durians.

And of course, unnecessary annual fees that's automatically charged into one's account.

Yeah, things like those get on my tits. Big time.

So, imagine me horror when I casually surfed into one of me accounts this morning, only to find that I was bitch-slapped with one.

Within seconds, this is what happened :

“Hi good morning Mr O. This is Gina speaking. How can I assist you ? “

“Yes, you can, Gina. There’s an annual fee charged into my account this month. And I’m not happy with it.”

“Okay. Oh, by the way, are you in Singapore, Mr O ?”

“Nope, I haven’t been back for quite sometime now. And if you look all my previous transactions, you will notice that it’s not transacted in Singapore. But that’s not relevant of me not being happy, right ? ”

“Yes, Mr O. Kindly gives me a moment and I’ll get back to you on this. Is that alright ?”

“Sure. A moment it is then.”

“Thanks.”

After a few minutes listening to crappy jingles :-

“Thanks for holding, Mr O. I have look into your request and I’m glad to inform you that the annual fees will be waived off for you.”

“Okay, thanks. Bye.”

“Okay, thanks for calling then. Have a nice day ahead, Mr O.”


"Sure. You too."

Moral of the story ?

Never pay for your credit card annual fees, like ever, people ! Call ‘em up and speak like a bitch with a super annoying fake accent and a waiver will be yours. Guaranteed.

Personally vouched by yours truly.

4 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

Thanks for the advice :) Will try that next time it comes around again. Hate annual fees as well!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger mikey said...

Annual fee is the thing of the past. Banks are making tonnes of money nowadays, and they shouldn't have charged annual fees. It's totally stupid.

10:58 PM  
Blogger darn ed said...

paul : no problem. and for that lil consultantion, kindly credit MYR 60.00 into my account, puhlease ....

mikey : high five, girl !

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jaded Jeremy said...

Seems that everyone else in Singapore can get waiver of fees except me. I'm too nice, is it? I usually call up and say that I wish to cancel the card because I do not wish to pay the annual fee. Thought that is already a strong hint. However, someone pointed out that DBS usually does not waive the fee...

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home